Spring is around the corner, which means many of our residents are ready—more than ready—to get outdoors! At Loudoun Valley II, the emergence of crocuses and the sighting of robins are like the starter pistol for a season of outdoor projects. Homeowners are eager to give their front yards a fresh look, upgrade doors or windows, or build new decks or patios in time for summer parties. For those reasons, LVII’s Architectural Review Committee gets an influx of requests this time of year. As a reminder, virtually all changes to a home’s exterior must be approved by the committee before construction can begin.
Here are a few tips for getting quick approval on your next project:
- First, fill out an Architectural Modification Application, which can be found at lv2hoa.com/architectural-modifications.
- Get your Architectural Application in as soon as possible. The Architectural Review Committee meets at 9 a.m. the first Wednesday of every month. Applications are due one week before the meeting.
- (Optional) Attend a committee meeting if you’d like. The meetings are held in the clubhouse and are open to Loudoun Valley II residents.
- Double-check that your application is complete: color samples, surrounding neighbors’ signatures, (indicating they are aware of your intent), copy of your plat with the location of the modification clearly marked, design layout, and detailed description of the changes you have in mind.
- Keep in mind: the committee is comprised of five volunteers who donate their time and work hard to accommodate homeowners and maintain standards in the community. Your patience is appreciated.
If you have questions, contact Darlene Spencer via email at email@example.com or by telephone at 571-223-0039 or 703-723- 4819. Thank you and happy spring spruce-up season!